Croydon’s award-winning RISEgallery is delivering a ground-breaking programme of FREE events throughout the month, under the theme ‘Warhol Croydon’, as a tribute to the life and work of one of the biggest names in 20th century art.
His famous works include Turquoise Marilyn, Campbell’s Soup, Car Crash, Gun, Mao, John Wayne, Flowers, Death and Disaster and Self Portrait. This month:
- A unique street exhibition of giant artworks curated by RISEgallery and the artist Dotmasters, featuring tributes to Warhol by some of today’s leading artists, to be displayed on prominent town centre buildings and lit up at night;
- FREE guided tours of the cutting-edge exhibition twice daily throughout the month;
- A FREE exhibition of original Warhol artworks hosted in the RISEgallery, in St George’s Walk, the heart of Croydon’s cultural quarter;
- A series of FREE Andy Warhol film and documentary screenings, plus talks and lectures that will including international speakers from around the world;
- Late-night openings of the RISEgallery;
- Family-friendly activities planned with support from the local community;
- Warhol Croydon is the latest initiative of the RISEgallery which has previously brought exhibitions of work to Croydon by renowned artists Damien Hirst and Banksy.